Gary Sponseller <SPONSELL@AKRONVM>
Tue, 19 Aug 1986 15:55:58 EST

I assume that when I received the second LSVDDFID MODULE file, that the
original LSVDDFID ASSEMBLE file should be tossed.  Yes?

And secondly (and more important, I bet), I think that the LISTSERV MEMO file
    (returned to you when you use: TELL LISTSERV at node Info)
is far too detailed for the users that can request it --- everyone.
I think that it tries to deliver all info to all users, regardless of
privilege(s); and this makes me want to edit it...

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to divide the Info command into subrequests
like Info Postmstr, Info Listownr, Info Linklist, etc. and give info
(only) to the requestor according to his privilege level(s)?

I think that the key here is to have the Info command more secure and more
appropriate using "topics" that are controlled by privilege level.

Gary