Ross Patterson <A024012@RUTVM1>
Thu, 29 Jan 1987 14:44:39 EST
For what it's worth, my copy of PEERS NAMES has:

   1) No :version tag for CUNYVM. This may be why RUTVM1 is rejecting
      DISTRIBUTE jobs passed from CUNYVM. I'll add in a ':version.1.05f'
      for now, until Eric gets this taken care of. That will (I hope)
      allow jobs to come from CUNYVM, while not sending jobs to it (I
      assume the lack of a :version was an attempt at not supporting
      DISTRIBUTE. Correct?)

   2) :version.1.5f for LEHIIBM1. I'll set it to 1.05f also, same reasons.

This file came from Eric via DISTRIBUTE and arrived here at 16:39 EST on
Wednesday, January 28th. Another DISTRIBUTE job came in at 17:48 the same
day, also from Eric, and was rejectred with the "* Invalid file origin"
message (it came via CUNYVM). I'm assuming that this was another PEERS NAMES
with fixes for these two problems. Unfortunately, it appears that Listserv
PURGEs the file these cases, so I can't simply restart the DISTRIBUTE
job.

Richard, Harry, I'm sorry this caused you so much trouble.

Ross