Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Bruce Keppler <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:15:16 +0000
text/plain (49 lines)
Hi All -

I just wanted to follow up with the resolution to this.

Liam was right on that it was a permission problem but when I followed his advice I got no happiness.  I used ProcMon to check to see what was failing and found that the problem was that the NETWORK SERVICE account was getting denied when trying to write to the upload folder.  Once I straightened all that out I was able to once again see the postings in the archive.

Thanks for the help.

BK

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bruce Keppler
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 10:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Web Archives disappeared

Thanks for the suggestion.  It didn't work but somehow I didn't stop to think that what it's trying to do is write to the upload folder (not read).  I was so obsessed with trying to figure out why there were no files there that I didn't think about that.

I'm not in the office today but I'll try running ProcMon tomorrow while I hit the archives and that should tell me what permissions it's looking for and what isn't being found.

Thanks,

BK

Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 7:04 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Web Archives disappeared

> This machine used to be a domain controller but was demoted to just be 
> a server - Windows 2003.  Any ideas why my archive posts have disappeared?

Probably the IUSR account got renamed when the machine got demoted.  Make sure the local IUSR_* account has read access to the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Archives folder and all sub-folders, and make sure it has full control on the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Archives\upload folder.  (The 'error 13' is a permissions error.)

--
Liam Kelly
Senior Consulting Analyst
L-Soft international
[log in to unmask]

Read news, tips, and other information in our 'LISTSERV at Work'
archives at <http://www.lsoft.com/news/newsletter-us.asp>

ATOM RSS1 RSS2