Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Jun 2011 15:46:15 -0400
On 6/17/2011 12:13, Elder, Scott wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’ve received a question from a list subscriber about whether the unsubscribe notification that they received (below) is legitimate.  I do notbelieve it is, since the list in question is not configured to auto-delete subscribers.  But why would the subscriber have received this?  Can anyone shed some light on this?
>
> Thank you,
> Scott

Ask the subscriber to provide you with a copy of the message with full headers so you can
verify that the message actually came from listserv.uh.edu.

Have you checked the list configuration to verify that the list is not configured to
auto-delete subscribers?

Can you tell whether the list configuration was changed between 06/11 and06/17?