Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:17:17 -0500
At 17:03 3/21/2005 Monday, Garrie Burr wrote:

>According to the sellers of the bulk email software, this "one-at-a-time"
>type of mailing makes it simpler to avoid having your mass emails be
>tagged as spam.

ANYTHING can be tagged as spam, including discussions *about* spam.

There really is no holy grail, unless YOU (your organization) controls all aspects of the system.

I just read about one institution that will forbid forwarding University email to third-party ISPs by their undergrads since official communiques are frequently bouncing.

/Pete