"Alan B. Clegg" <ALAN@NCSUVM>
Fri, 29 Aug 86 08:33:16 EDT
Come on!  What would the list be for?  I would say sure to a discussion
group, but no way to another junk group...

what kind of a list are you wanting to create?

-abc
----------
187.  A friend of Marc Donner's was driving his rebuilt sports car on
 a straight, deserted highway  in Kansas at 2  AM.   A  plaque screwed
 onto the dashboard long ago when the car was new  flatly stated  that
 it would travel 180 miles/hour.  Out of a natural curiosity to see if
 this  was still  true, he had taken it up to 120 m/h when, out of the
 corner of his eye, he saw too  late that he was blitzing thru a radar
 trap.   With nothing further to lose, he floored the accelerator, and
 to  his  pleased astonishment, found that the car began
 to race ahead at a vibrationless 180 m/h.   Ten  or  twelve  miles of
 dreamlike  speed thru  an  empty  landscape ended when  suddenly,  he
 He managed to pull up to it at a legal speed.  A cop with  a bullhorn
 stood in  front of two backed  up  semitrailers and hollered  at him:
 "Git out a here,  sonny!   We're waitin' for a hotrodder who's  goin'
 120 miles an hour, and he'll be here in exactly three  minutes!"  Obligingly,
 he drove carefully around the semi's and away.  (M. Donner, retold)
            Alan Clegg            USMail: 701-104 Cardinal Gibbons Dr.
         "I am NOT a crook"               Raleigh, NC  27606
                                  Bitnet: ALAN@NCSUVM
      Home Bell: (919) 821-0917   ARPA:   ALAN%NCSUVM.BITNET@wiscvm
      Work Bell: (919) 737-3035   UUCP:   ..!mcnc!ncsu!ncsuvx!abc
      Play Bell: (919) 831-9169           ..!mcnc!ncsu!ncsuvx!ncsu3b!abc