Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 12:29:42 +0100
On Mon, 24 Feb 1997  21:40:58 -0500 Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>It was  met with deafening  silence, which leads  me to believe  this is
>truly  a   defective  behavior   that  was  not   thought  out   in  the
>implementation.

Actually, this  kind of behaviour  is called  a "design choice".  You can
make a case  for doing it one way,  and you can make a case  for doing it
the  other way  ("Hey, I  never put  NO SUBJECT  in my  message!") I  was
waiting to see how many people agreed/disagreed.

>Yet, I  would have more respect  if the LISTSERV folks  would just admit
>that they goofed here and say they'll fix it in the next rev.

Likewise, I tend to have more  respect for suggestions coming from people
who don't scream  BUG at the first opportunity and  who don't assume that
LISTSERV developers are a bunch of  idiots whose main concern is to avoid
admitting that they may have forgotten to write 2 lines of code.

  Eric