Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 21:43:22 -0600
On Thu, 8 Jul 1999 12:12:06 -0700, Ford Boyer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>But how do I remove whole archives or certain months only?  That's what
>I can't figure out.

Aside from the philosophy of whether or not notebook logfiles *should* be
edited, about which there are differing opinions, I will point out that on
L-Soft's EASE-HOME server (host for the list in question) List Owners do pay for
a specific amount of disk storage space and when this quota is reached, the list
will grind to a halt until the Owner either arranges for more space or they
edit/remove some archive log files to fall back under the agreed quota.  In such
circumstances, the question of whether or not to do it is moot and the question
of how to do this is valid.  The process is well explained at the following URL:

 http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/qs/editlogs.html