Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 May 90 14:43:31 O
>I changed  (GOT the  list, changed  the header and  LSVPUT it  back) the
>notebook from  monthly to yearly. But  this does not cause  the existing
>log files to change (i.e. list_name LOG9004, list_name LOG9005 etc, were
>NOT appended to a single file - list_name LOG90). How can I do this ?

It was never meant to do so. The  list owner can do it by GETting all the
old archive files,  recombining them the way he  wants (possibly deleting
unwanted messages), and PUTting them under  the new fileid. The old files
can then be erased  the usual way (send a file with  just the PUT command
in it). Once erased, they will disappear from the filelist.

>Second thing - what does the postmaster  have to do in order to have the
>LISTS database insatlled on a LISTSERV  (LIST GLOBAL does send the whole
>LISTSERV LISTS file) ?

He  has  to  allocate  enough  space on  the  FILEDISK  minidisk  (3M  is
recommended), and then contact me.

  Eric