"Mark S. Zinzow" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Nov 1994 12:58:34 CST
I've searched the LSTSRV-L and LSTOWN-L databases for information
on "charset=iso" and found nothing.

My guess is that the special characters do not survive the
translation to EBCDIC and back.

Perhaps one of the technical guru's I've CC:'d, particularly CREN,
can shed some light.  It is my hope that with the appropriate header
information and list header options that listserv and Lmail can handle
this.

Can anyone tell me how listserv can handle the charset=iso-2022-jp header?

This NOTE is a reply to:
------------------------
To: [log in to unmask]
From: [log in to unmask] (Seiko Fujii)

Dear Mark, it was nice seeing you at the workshop. Sorry that I was talking
to somebody else and could not talk to you when you came to talk.
Anyway, I am wondering if you have found anything about VMD.
I tried the experiment you suggested -- sending e-mail to my VMD account,
but the result seems to be the same.  Below I will copy the heading of
e-mail from EUDORA-J so that you can see the charset:  It says "text/plain;
charset=iso-2022-jp", doesn't it?

Thanks.  -Seiko