Billy Grassie <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 12:02:33 -0500
Greetings,

While not specific to Listserv, I am trying to get more clarity about
Internet text standards and the use of formatted text and embedded
HTML graphics for a large international moderated List/Newsletter
that I run.

Currently, I convert everything to plain unformatted text with some
foreign language diacritical characters included when necessary.  I
would like to move in the direction of also including italics, bold
text, underlined text, and embedded HTML graphics, but am worried
about 1) how to do this within the constraints of Listserv and 2) how
to account for different email readers.

Perhaps someone knows of a technical article online that explains all
this email and HTML formatting issues and a reference in the Listserv
Manual that explains how this is handled within the program.  Thanks.

Be well,
Billy Grassie
http://www.meta-list.org