Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Bill Schipper <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:04:41 -0230
text/plain (12 lines)
How would do the following?

- when someone requests a subscription, listserv inserts a link that when clicked sends approval and adds the subscriber.    I see notices like that from one list I manage, distributed from West Virginia, but not from listserv messages distributed from my home institution.   Is this an option that I set in the headers to the lists?   Or does the system admin have to set this?

- moderated lists:   until very recently I was reading email with a unix client (either mutt or pine), both of which add "Resent-to:" headers to a message (via the bounce command), which is, I am told, how listserv knows a message has been approved.   Normally I use Outlook Express to read mail, but OE does not know anything about Resent-to: headers.   This puts me in the position of having to read the messages first, and if they are approved, logging on to our main system via telnet or webmail, selecting the message and bouncing it back to listserv.   OK for quiet lists, but time-consuming for chatty ones.

- also on moderated lists:   Listserv most often prepends a message to messages sent to moderators for approval.   But from time to time it does not.   It is possible something is not set up quite correctly.   Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill Schipper

ATOM RSS1 RSS2