Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 27 Mar 1993 12:54:10 +0100
After posting  my reply  to CREN's RFP  on the  moderated CRENLIST@BITNIC
list  (which  was forwarded  for  Jim  Conklin  for approval),  I  heard,
incidentally, that Jim  would be away for  1 week at the  IETF. Because I
see no reason why people should  be prevented from discussing the RFP for
a whole week just  because Jim Conklin is away, and  because of the other
concerns I have voiced in my reply,  which I will be reposting shortly, I
have created an unmoderated version of the CRENLIST@BITNIC list under the
name LISTCREN@SEARN (so that both lists are globally unique).

People who are interested in  this discussion should join LISTCREN and/or
CRENLIST (which are open to public subscription). These two lists are the
ONLY ones  where such  discussions are appropriate.  Because of  the high
risk for  endless flame  wars, these  topics should  not be  discussed on
LSTSRV-L or  LSTOWN-L; there are many  people who are not  interested and
will sign off if these lists  stop serving their purpose due to excessive
noise. Thank you for your cooperation.

  Eric