Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 09:23:02 CDT
On Fri, 30 Jun 1995 08:03:29 +0200 Eric Thomas said:
>On Thu, 29 Jun 1995 09:52:51 CDT Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
>said:
>
>>* Send= Editor
>>* Editor = (listname of group "c" people)
>>* Moderator = (listname of group "b" people)
>
>Yes except "Moderator"  has to be a plain list  of [log in to unmask] You can't
>refer to  a list,  it would create  all sorts of  problems. The  order in
>which people are  listed in a list,  the record number in  which they are
>listed, these are things which may change at any time, and LISTSERV needs
>to do  some round-robin allocation of  the messages. So it  wants a plain
>address for "Moderator=".

Drats.  I was hoping to use that list for internal "should we approve
this?" type of discussions amoung the moderators.  Maybe in the next
revision...?

In the meanwhile, thanks a ton for such a useful tool.  ImNSho, Listserv
now has become the tool of choice for moderating Usenet groups.

Chris Barnes                                 (409) 846-3273 (home)
[log in to unmask]                        (409) 845-9520 (work)
http://tamvm1.tamu.edu/~cbarnes/

       Money can't buy happiness; but neither can poverty.