Brian Stoughton <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 14:52:58 -0500
Hi there.

I've tried searching the forums, and I've read the manuals, and I haven't
been able to find a solution to a situation I find myself in.

We currently have a list of ~150,000 subscribers.  We have sold 100,000
placements of 6 ads to be placed on an email that goes out to the full list.
So...we need to send 6 different messages to a random selection of the list
(17,000 of each of the 6 ads would give us 102,000 messages with ads).  We
would like to move the list to use a sql database instead (without changing
the name of the list), then include a field that would be populated with a
number 1-6.  Then we could use mail merge to select a particular number to
go with a particular ad.

My question is - is there a better way of doing this?

Brian Stoughton