"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 17 Feb 1991 17:13:35 EST
On Fri, 15 Feb 91 10:55:16 PST Jason B. Hendrix said:
>Hello List Landers,
>   I'm interested in creating a new list with the difference that the
>subscribers are going to be 3 other new lists. I am aware that I must
>exercise extreme caution with many commands, but that is a moot point
>if this is not possible. The necessity of this creation is that I have
>a newsletter that will go out to a large (800+) populace with parts
>that need to go to all and other parts that need to go to one of three
>proper and exclusive subsets.
>   Any experiences with this type of "meta-list" would be greatly
>appreciated. Please reply via e-mail as I don't wish to clutter the
>list with ensuing discussion. If there is interest I will post a
>synopsis.
We have a couple of overlapping meta-lists we use here to help
monitor changes and problems in the system.  Ours is not quite
as clean as your description, because we want ot be able to search
the archives, and want the information private.  So everyone is
subscribed to 1 or more of the lists, and have mail/nomail
options set.  I would reccomend talking to Duane Beyer URDB@MARIST
here who was one of the people who set it up here.  (I don't
believe he is on this list.)

>Thanks for your time,
>Jason B. Hendrix - fledgling list(s) owner
/ahw