Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:23:49 -0400
On 23 Apr 99, at 13:00, Valdis Kletnieks wrote:

> One hidden "Gotcha" with Listserv performance is proper tuning of Sendmail.

Good point. I wasn't even thinking of Sendmail when I sent in my
previous reply. I will add one more suggestion regarding Sendmail:

If you are running LISTSERV 1.8d on Unix and using Sendmail as your
outbound mail server, you can put the following in go.user:

ASYNCH_SMTP=1
export ASYNCH_SMTP

then stop and restart LISTSERV.  What this does is spawns a child 'lsv'
process whose job it is strictly to feed mail to sendmail.  That allows
LISTSERV proper to get on with its work without waiting for sendmail.

Francoise