Eric Thomas <ERIC@LEPICS>
Wed, 4 Oct 89 12:57:51 GMT
>The trouble is: I don't think those  three sites want to be removed from
>the backbone. I think that EARN would follow that view.
>
>Disclaimer: This was my own view, as signaled by the 'I think'..
>
>-turgut

I don't care whether  they want or they don't want.  They are providing a
level of service which is absolutely unacceptable, with their PEERS NAMES
files dating from MAY  of this year. They have been  warned, I assume you
have requested several times to allow you to update their files, and they
completely ignored your request. And now you are telling me that I should
not be so nasty to the poor guys  and I should keep them on the backbone,
regardless of  the effect  on the  network (and on  the mailboxes  of all
LISTSERV coordinators), because for political reasons they and EARN think
it is Good to  have such Important Sites (the ones  where the BoD members
of their respective country live!!!) on the backbone?

I am disappointed to hear that from you, Turgut.

  Eric