Mike Satake <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 20:51:15 -0400
Hi,

We've encountered the following issue for web logins without a browser
cookie... here are the steps to reproduce it:

1. In the logged-off state, follow a hyperlink to manage a list.
2. Login using the option to NOT use a browser cookie.
3. Click on the red "Help/Hide Help" button.

After clicking on the button, the browser is returned to the login screen.
Now if you try to login again without using a cookie, you enter a loop where
you are returned to the login screen.  The only ways to break the loop are
to login using a browser cookie, or type-in another URL to LISTSERV.

I was able to reproduce the error on peach.ease.lsoft.com's web interface,
so it probably is not specific to our site (listserv.hawaii.edu).

We're using LISTSERV 1.8e.

Any workaround for this, besides telling our users to not hit the help
button right after logging in?  The error does not occur if the user does
something else (e.g. hitting another button or link) before hitting the help
button.

Thanks,

Mike