Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 20:50:13 -0400
> How can I send out my newsletters on a timed schedule?
>
> We operate 9 moderated discussion lists that we send as
> announce-only type of lists. I'd
> like to release these at certain times of the morning (say from 3
> am to 9 am).

Are you asking how to send the messages at intervals?  We do that
by setting Daily-Threshold=1 and keeping the list held all the
time.  Then we use cron jobs to free the list when we want to
allow a message to be sent and, a short time later, hold the list
again.  If one or more messages is queued, one of them will be sent
each time the list is freed.  Note that because of the way LISTSERV
queueing works, you can't be certain which one will be sent each
time.