Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:46:09 -0600
On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 14:08:32 -0500, "Vetter, Gary J." <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I've been asked to provide Listserv functionality for two separate domains.
>For example:
>
>list1@domain1   list3@domain2
>list2@domain1   list4@domain2
>
>I have a commercial version of Listserv-Lite along with a (pretty good)
>understanding of its limitations in regards to running "virtual" domains.
>(I could put both domains under "MYDOMAIN=", but without support for the
>"List-Address=" parameter, I really don't get the desired results.)

This can be easily done with LISTSERV Classic (1.8d or 1.8e) but not with
LISTSERV-Lite, since, as you point out, Lite does not support the
List-Address= List Header setting, which is required to accomplish this.

No, you cannot run 2 instances on LISTSERV on the same machine.  Doing so
requires a highly specialized (and $$$) License.  Without this ListPlex(R)
license, second copy of LISTSERV will refuse to start. (With the proper
license however, yes it does work.  Practical limit seems to be about 25
instances of LISTSERV per machine.)