Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Sep 1993 11:04:16 CDT
On Fri, 24 Sep 1993 10:54:58 EDT Sathaye, Shashi said:
>I think the trend seems that people prefer [log in to unmask] addresses as their mailing
>address - e.g. [log in to unmask] is a valid address to send mail to - but when
>the listserv receives mail, it is going to get the [log in to unmask]
>address on From line. I was assuming that this is the address listserv was
>using when it got subscripption request.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that if the user wants to receive
their mail addressed to [log in to unmask] when they are really sending
from [log in to unmask], the mail sending software ought to
perform a lookup on that person in the postmaster program and change
the From: address to [log in to unmask] .   In other words, it seems
like a MUA problem, not a MLS problem.

5 days and a wake-up

Chris Barnes            |   President - Bryan/College Station
[log in to unmask] |         Retriever Club
(409) 846-3273 (home)   |   "Dedicated to the betterment of
(409) 845-8300 (work)   |               the retrieving breeds"