Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:53:06 -0400
Listserv already sends compendiums, confirmations, welcome messages,
etc. from itself.

Listserv *could* accept e-mail and generate a distribution with the list
posting address as sender if LSoft would choose to do so.

Listserv *could* be the author, but LSoft chooses not to provide that
function (for what may be good reasons, but I don't know what they might
be).  IMHO, saying RFC822 prohibits Listserv from sending mail "from the
list" is so much "hooey".

cheers, wayne  (Yes, I know I'm not going to change the LSoft collective
"mind"!)