Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Sat, 3 Oct 1987 14:30 SET
  I have modified LSVXMAIL so that:

1. A blank is required before keywords, except if they are at the beginning of
   a new line. That is, 'Passed-To:' will  not cause a match for 'To:'. '>To:'
   will not  either, which may  cause problems  with some mailing  software. I
   will not address these problems.

2. The address contained in 'To:' fields  will not be checked against the list
   address. It will still cause the 'To:' count to be incremented.

I will  no longer address mailing  loop problems with shitty  gateways. I have
found out that over  30% of my time is spent trying to  bend the code to catch
this or  that loop, or  to explain to  people why they  should not do  this or
that, or to justify why there  are new loop-catchers. Starting from right now,
the loop detection code will be frozen and crazy mailing softwares which still
manage to  create loops (by generating  'burps' and suchlike) will  have to be
fixed, not LISTSERV.

I you  want to get  cross with me,  it's the right precise  time to send  me a
piece of mail asking why I don't put the postmaster's or owner's userid in the
'Sender:' field.

  Eric