Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Jun 1991 16:58:51 +0200
Release 1.7 is presently being beta-tested  (under the name of 1.6f/g) at
SEARN, CEARN and PUCC. I am looking  for additional sites with one of the
following:

1. VM release 4 (or, at least, CMS4 on a newer CP).

2. CMS7 under either VM/ESA or VM/SP 7.

3. VM/ESA with either CMS7 or CMS 5.x for ESA-toleration tests.

4. REXX compiler.

5. New BITEARN NODES file.

Item 1 is just  to make sure it still works with CMS4  - ideally I'd like
it grouped with another test, such as  5. Item 2 will determine whether I
declare 1.7a to function properly under CMS7 or not; I do plan to provide
"formal" support  for CMS7, but  this cannot happen  until I have  a CMS7
development account with reasonable response  time. Item 3 will determine
whether I  declare 1.7a  to be  XA-tolerant or  simply say  that LISTSERV
doesn't  need to  be XA-tolerant,  since  it's a  server and  not a  user
virtual machine :-) Princeton is testing 4 and I have been testing 5 with
no problem so far. Drop me a note if you are crazy enough to want to test
any of the above :-)

  Eric