CCMRG@BOSTONU
Fri, 30 Oct 87 16:38:24 EST
>Michael,
>
>   LISTSERV does use the mailer from DOMAIN NAMES. LISTSERV applies a
>strict interpretation of the file, in that it expects the :nick to be
>a complete domain string. Your entry says:
>
>------------------ Start of included file DOMAIN   NAMES       ----------------
>:nick.BU.EDU        :mailer.MAILER@BOSTONU    BSMTP  3
>:site.Boston University Local Area Network
>:gatemast.Gatemast@Bostonu
>------------------ End   of included file DOMAIN   NAMES       ----------------
>LISTSERV interprets this as only applying to node BU.EDU, not to xx.BU.EDU.
>This is also the case with MAILER, I believe. You shoould correct the entry
>to start ":nick..BU.EDU", as do most others in DOMAIN NAMES.
>
>Ross Patterson
>Rutgers University

This is not the case. MAILER interprets BU.EDU as anything ending in BU.EDU
should be going to the [log in to unmask] This is set up intentionally
because I intend to have a central service such that people can mail
(or whatever) to [log in to unmask] There are other people who use the Crosswell
MAILER to send mail to BU and have no problem. If LISTSERV is dealing
with BU.EDU the way you say it is - then I think that there is a problem
here. All mail for BU.EDU is directed out towards NDSUVM1 - why????

any other ideas as to what is going on here?
/mrg