Shane Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Jun 1992 19:24:37 GMT
I have wanted to set up local mailing lists to use DISTRIBUTE for some time,
but this results in the mail being distributed to INTERBIT (LISTSERV@PUCC)
for all addresses of the form "[log in to unmask]". This is not what I wanted,
so I removed the Mail-via option. With 1.7c, of course, the default is to use
DISTRIBUTE.

How can I make LISTSERV distribute these "utdallas.edu" recipients to itself
rather than PUCC? Adding utdallas.edu to the mydomain variable did not do
anything to prevent this. All I want is that mail for these lists is handled
by DISTRIBUTE (so that only one copy of mail is sent with BSMTP) and that it
is handled locally by my LISTSERV. We have no :internet tag (utdallas.edu is
not an Internet name for UTDALLAS.BITNET, anyway).

Thanks in advance,

--Shane