Sat, 4 Feb 1995 14:29:39 -0600
Currently, there are two mailing lists devoted to the Dominican Republic, a
Latin American country in the Caribbean. Unfortunately, both of them are
being hampered by serious technical difficulties. They are being hosted by
two systems, one in Puerto Rico and the other one in Venezuela, which seem
to suffer periodic technical problems. Additionaly, neither of them has
storage capacity to keep digests or any type of files for the lists, which
is a real drawback.

The combined membership of both lists (counting as one any individual
subscribed to both lists) is about 200. Around 10 messages per day would be
a reasonable estimate of the foroum's traffic, although this could
significantly change owing to special events and developments.

If your system can, *at no charge*, accomodate a list about the Dominican
Republic, or you have any suggestion, comment or question relevant to the
topic of this message, please, contact me directly to the address given
below. (I am *not* subscribed to this list).

Thank you very much for your attention.

                Virgil Rodriguez
                Evanston, Illinois, USA