Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:57:55 -0500
On 12/12/2007 2:39 PM, Steve Eckard wrote:
> Greetings, all.
> I am sure this has probably been asked, but here goes anyway. We currently
 > have 815 lists. Is there any way to generate a list of the owners of
 > these lists and put it into a text file? This would be helpful in
determining
 > how many owners we have that are not actually here. This in turn may be
 > helpful in determining if we want to use ldap authentication. Thanks in
 > advance for any input.

I do not know whether this is possible in LISTSERV 15.x, but it is not
possible in LISTSERV 1.8e (14.something). You will need to write a script
to execute listview against each list and parse the output to extract the
owner addresses. We have a script which extracts all the owner addresses
from all the lists, but the output is just the list of addresses, which is
used to update our list owners' announcement list.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team