Janet C Shih <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Apr 2009 11:47:20 -0500
We've seen this with POP clients on workstations that run anti-virus
software. Ex. Symantec with 'Internet Email Auto-Protect' enabled.

The anti-virus filter 'intercepts' the message while it is downloading
so that the POP client never signals the mail server that the download
completed successfully.  Thus the same message is downloaded again with
subsequent connections.

Janet Shih
Messaging and Server Infrastructure
Information Technology Services