Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:58:27 -0500
>Is there a place that I can change the amount of characters that my
>LISTSERV will allow for email addresses.  I have a group of Harvard
>medical students with email addresses a mile long because they are
>all
>@STUDENT.HMS.HARVARD.EDU
>
>and then they have 16-20 letters in the first part of the address

LISTSERV should be able to handle email addresses 44 characters long
(which is what you're describing) without a problem.  What kind of
errors are you seeing?

>as well as their  First and Last name which need to be there for the "add".

Actually you can put an * in place of the name.  However, even if the
email address is very long LISTSERV shouldn't reject an ADD or
SUBSCRIBE command based on the length of the name.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc