Lisa Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:01:38 -0700
LISTSERV/VM 1.8e

I can't seem to retrieve the change logs using GET as described in the
manual. The files are there and, according to the manual, these files
don't need to be cataloged (no exception noted for VM), but the response
from LISTSERV is:

 * File "LSTEST CHANGELG" from filelist LISTSERV is unknown to LISTSERV.
or
 * File "LSTEST CHANGLG" from filelist LISTSERV is unknown to LISTSERV.

when I issue any of the following GET commands:

GET listname CHANGELG (the manual says CHANGLG for VM but the actual file
type is CHANGELG)
GET listname CHANGLG
GET list-id CHANGELG
GET listname.CHANGELG
etc.

So I tried adding the change log entry to the list's FILELIST and adding
that parm to the GET:

GET listname CHANGELG filelist

which returns:

 * File "LSTEST CHANGELG" is not yet available.

I'm assuming that's because the file has never been PUT. The file is
there. Really! How does the list owner get to it?

tia

lisa