Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Sat, 27 Jun 1987 15:28 SET
  We are  trying to support UNIX  (a tradecrap of the  AT&T Bell Laboratories)
addresses.  The UNIX  standard is  stupid of  course, and  we're not  going to
discuss this. Anyway this  means a LOT of problems for VM  people, and this is
where  I have  been pushed  by  more than  100  complaints from  more than  50
different  persons. Now  you're complaining  about  lack of  usability for  VM
addresses. You should understand that we can't  both have the cake and eat it.
I'm not going to change anything.

  Eric