Eric Crump <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 24 Jun 1995 22:08:24 -0500
Trish,
Similar situation here. Our computing services department would rather
students use the campus systems, but the students wanted more freedom (or
control, however you want to read it) than they figured computing would
give them. The student government opted to provide the money for a
machine & connectivity and will enlist student volunteers to operate the
system. They are paying big in terms of money and time, but if they can
afford the resource consumption they can run all the lists they want.

Seems fair to me. Freedom always costs. If your students really want
lists that don't fit the purpose of your systems, perhaps they should
pony up some resources of their own.

--Eric

--> Eric Crump         [log in to unmask]
*** Online Writery     http://www.missouri.edu/~wleric/writery.html
*** RhetNet            http://www.missouri.edu/~wleric/rhetnet/rhetnet.html
  "Those who know history are doomed to repeat it." --Marvin Minsky