Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 00:45:58 -0600
On Tue, 3 Apr 2001 15:10:03 +1000, Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Thank you, Ben, for your quick response.
>
>So, I can set TCPGUI_PORT to another value (eg., 81) and it will talk to the
>web server through that port number?  The Site Manager's manual says the
>default value is 2306....would it perhaps be better if I configure the *web
>service* to communicate through this port instead?

sorry, ignore that. I was mistaken.  That is the port that is used to
communicate to TCPGUI.  The default is 2306 and there is no reason to change
that.   LISTSERV is designed to co-exist perfectly with an existing main
website.  Frankly it would be lots easier if you didn't have a principal problem
with your regular webserver.

probably the easiest solution is to add a second IP and configure it for Port
80, rather then to try to use a strange port.  all you need to do is to is the
dual homing, dual IP for the server.  (But I would set TCPGUI_ADDR to the
appropriate IP address.)

In this case you may need to specify the full URL for the WWW_ARCHIVE_CGI= in
your site.cfg/go.user instead of just the relative URL.  You may also need to
configure the webserver to bind these activities to the one IP address.  Since I
don't know what IP or webserver you will be using, I can't be specific on the
steps to do so, but they should be clear in the documentation for your chosen
webserver program.