Nick Laflamme <DPL1646@IRISHVM>
Thu, 04 Dec 86 08:46:02 EST
Yesterday I sent out a note asking about garbagey rejection notes from
WISCVM about sending to [log in to unmask]  Well, I went into the console
logs.  Here's what I found:

PUN FILE 1954 FROM RSCS     COPY 001   NOHOLD
3 Dec 1986 14:51:48 Received file (3867) from SMTPSERV@WISCVM
3 Dec 1986 14:51:54 From [log in to unmask]: help
3 Dec 1986 14:51:59 Sent information mail to [log in to unmask]
3 Dec 1986 14:52:00 File (1954) transferred to DPL1646@IRISHVM
3 Dec 1986 14:52:04 Sent information mail to SMTPSERV@WISCVM

The file 1954 was never transferred to me.  Notice that the file came
from SMTPSERV but was correctly interpretted as being from
[log in to unmask]  LISTSERV also sent what I presume was the
requested information back to FALSETTI.  But then it sent a file
(the same file?) to SMTPSERV, too.  Why?

SMTPSERV doesn't know about MAILER@IRISHVM, or at least it doesn't
use it.  But that's another story, about another ongoing project.

Nick