David Barr <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Nov 1993 18:13:15 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Scott Ophof  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Talk about a nice loop...  :-(
>Seems to result in a msg being posted to all PC-REXX subscribers about
>every 5 minutes or so.
>The address <[log in to unmask]> does not respond; it bounces as
>"does not exist" or something to that effect.
>This repeated posting has been going on since early Saturday at least.

Good luck.  the mcimail.com X.400 gateway has been a long-standing
problem on the net.  They used a hacked up mailer which violates
the RFC's, and from what I have heard they refuse to fix it.
This problem looks like it relates to the fact that they use the
internal return address for return-recipts and bounces, not the
envelope address.  (The fact that they always send return-receipts
alone is highly annoying)

I would encourage you to remove all mcimail.com users from any
mailing list, with an explanatory note to the user.  Refuse any
mailing list additions mcimail.com until they fix their gateway.
It seems the only recourse is social pressure.  (After reasonable
attmpts to contact the person in charge)

--Dave
--
"When I was very young, I kissed my first woman, and smoked my first
cigarette on the same day.  Believe me, never since have I wasted any