Frank Pfaff <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 09:54:06 EDT
Hello,
My name is Frank Pfaff and I am writing to ask for assistance in setting
up a "mail list" to serve a small but growing international community of
users of INTERLINGUA.  Interlingua is an "artificial" language developed
by the International Auxiliary Language Association and was designed
to serve as an easy-to-learn, easy-to-use "bridge-language".  For
example, educated users of English, French, Spanish, Italian, and
Portuguese can often read and understand significant amounts of
Interlingua with little or no training.  (See the Interlingua example below.)
I believe the advancing international growth of the internet could be
well-served by a language such as Interlingua.

At present, I am aware of about 40 or 50 Interlingua users who have
access to the internet.  These people are located in the USA, Canada,
Brazil, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, France, England, Switzerland,
Romania, Russia, Ukraine, Poland, and elsewhere.  At present these
people communicate via personal e-mail only.

I beleive that access to a mail list would greatly improve the efficiency
of our communication.   Therefore, I'm looking for an e-mail service
that would permit us to establish and administer such a mail group.

(Interlingua example:
Io crede que accesso a un lista postal meliorea grandemente le efficacia
de nostre communication.  Ergo, io cerca un servicio de posta electronic
que nos permitterea a establir e administrar un tal lista postal.)

I am not a regular subscriber to this list, so, if you'd
like to contact me, please e-mail me personally.
Thanks for listening.

-- Frank Pfaff