Mike Sailer <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 23:50:03 -0400
Hello,

I am attempting to move my list to a new server. The new server is using
qmail rather then sendmail. The doccumentation that I have found on the
lsoft web page states what follows. I have 3 questions.

1. the directory structure is different on my server since I also host
other virtual sites. My directory structure to the listserv user is as
follows:

/home/httpd/vhosts/datacom-equipment.com/web_users/listserv

should I change what is written below to the directory structure that I
have?

2. The second part where it says create a file called ~alias/.qmail-
default. Does this mean create a file called .qmail-default in
the /var/qmail/alias directory or a file called .qmail-default in the
listserv directory?

3. I do not have a bin directory in the listserv directory as stated in
the second part. Should I create one.

Thank you for your help. The instructions from lsoft follow.

Assuming defaults for everything else, you should include a file
called /home/listserv/.qmail that has the following statement in it:

|/var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/local/bin/lsv_amin -s /home/listserv/spool -t
listserv

You must also create another file called ~alias/.qmail-default with the
following line in it:

|/var/qmail/bin/preline /home/listserv/bin/lsv_amin -
s /home/listserv/spool -t
$LOCAL

(Note that ~alias is a link to /var/qmail/alias .) This
entry "generalizes" the aliases that under sendmail would have to go
into /etc/aliases .