Mon, 9 Jan 2006 14:54:20 -0500
"LISTSERV site administrators' forum" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote on 01/09/2006 02:25:13 PM:

> I have LISTSERV Classic installed at http://store.knifecenter.com. It's
> installed on a Windows XP Professional machine.
>
> I have an e-mail server installed at http://mail.knifecenter.com. It's
> installed on a Fedora Linux Box with Postfix as the e-mail server.
>
> I'm having problems with the following:
> - The Postfix server cannot deliver thousands of messages to
>
> delivery temporarily suspended: connect to
> STORE.KNIFECENTER.COM[70.88.225.6]: Connection refused)
>
> I receive thousands of these messages.
>
> I've tried contacting the LISTSERV support staff, however, they do not
have
> any information on how to setup Listserv with Postfix.
>
> Could someone on this list tell me why I'm receiving so many errors from
> postfix?

I don't run postfix, even on my Red Hat boxes.  I use sendmail.  You can
uninstall postfix and install sendmail and fedora should be happy.  It
just needs a mail program.

That being said, I would look into some sort of rate limiting feaature in
postfix that could be choking on the number of messages your Listserv box
is delivering to it.

Good luck.