"Juan M. Courcoul" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Mar 1992 20:41:29 CST
On Mon, 9 Mar 1992 19:55:00 GMT Pat Hayes said:
>	Probably a dumb ??; is VMS capable of running a LISTSERV and, if so,
>has anyone seen/written a public domain LS program for the vax?

Quite some time ago, rumors had it that a VAX/VMS version of Listserv
was being developed somewhere. However, those died out quietly, so I assume
nothing came out of all this.

>                                                                 Or -- do
>I really have to <*whine*> learn Unix or VM?  Thanks.

Don't trouble yourself unduly; you only have to learn VM... ;) The
current generation of Listservs only run on IBM machines under VM. There
may be some Unix contraption for list management, but I have yet to encounter
a list hosted by a Unix site with even a remote semblance of the user
friendliness afforded by a true blue Listserv.

Juan Courcoul
Listserv Postmaster
(kinda shows, doesn't it ?)