Joe Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Jul 1993 09:57:56 CDT
> Simply define  a new  topic and  inform subscribers  that people  who are
> interested should  enable that topic.  The first  time, you will  have to
> QUIET SET  * TOPICS=OTHER and add  "Topics= Other" to the  list header so

Eric's advice is correct, as always, but this might be a good
place to add:  Unless LISTSERV has changed, you must NOT reuse
topic positions.  The topic parameters are (in my understanding)
positional, and the topic in position 1 will always mean the same
group of people no matter what word is associated with it.  I can
think of ways to make this (reusing of topic positions) workable
by resetting everybody with set xxxx for *@* periodically, but
you need to consciously work with it.  Please correct me if I'm
wrong and expand on my explanation where necessary.

Joe Moore
South Dakota State University