Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Nov 1991 08:57:17 +0100
I would like to thank all the sites which have offered to beta-test 1.7b.
There are now 10 sites running 1.7b,  spanning all versions of CMS from 4
to 7 and all  the major flavours of CP, and about as  many new offers. To
save time for everyone, including potential new applicants, let me answer
on the list: given the present list of 1.7b servers, there is no need for
additional "passive"  beta-test sites. If  however you are  interested in
actively experimenting with  one of the new functions, or  you badly need
one of  the fixes, I  will be glad  to send you  the code; in  that case,
please send me  another note. Otherwise, thanks again but  I'd rather not
burden the both of us unnecessarily.

Given the exceptionally low problem rate  (the only bug report so far was
a  problem when  stopping the  server interactively  under CMS7)  and the
large amount of testing sites, I  plan to release the code next wednesday
if no new problem shows up until then.

  Eric