lsvadmin <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 17:04:19 +1100
okay, that's enough;

If you have questions about this problem, try contacting your own
security people or people you deem as reputable in the security
industry and asking them what they think. I did, and their answer was
the same as I suspected. This is a security problem. Bookmark one of
the pages past the login screen and see what I mean, test it from
different browsers and see what I mean.

If you feel the need to make ridiculous comparisons between common
administration practices here and a security problem with a web based
software application then at least think of the others on the list here
having to listen to it as well. I will not stand by silently while you belittle
a company I work for and the people I work with who are extremely
intelligent and skilled when it comes to realising the potential for and
dealing with security abuses.

I have not made any personal attacks on anyone, I have not made any
erroneous statements about the problem here with wa and bookmarked
urls. If I were you I would be more concerned testing it out myself and
asking people who can say what you should be looking for and fixing if
you feel your listserv site security to be jeopardized by this problem.

My apologies for the abruptness of this mail to all other list subscribers,
there was no return address to keep this off list.

ICoS