Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:17:39 -0400
>I am attempting to submit DISTRIBUTE jobs to Listserv(tm) from an ASP
>page. I can successfully build and send an email message that contains a
>CJL job, but it get rejected by Listserv. The error I get from the CJLI
>is this:
>
>Command replies from RemovedAddress are being forwarded to you.
>
>Job "IHMJOB" started on 24 Aug 2006 15:55:08
>
>>  DISTRIBUTE MAIL-MERGE DBMS-LIST=LIST(testlist-l,MAIL,DIGEST,INDEX)
>Invalid RFC822 address - 1. Recipient ignored.
>
>Distribution aborted - no valid recipient.
>
>Job "IHMJOB" ended   on 24 Aug 2006 15:55:08
>
>This is the CJL job built by the ASP page.
>
>//IHMJOB JOB ECHO=YES,Reply-To="DebugAddressRemoved"

This:

>// DISTRIBUTE MAIL-MERGE DBMS-LIST=LIST(testlist-l,MAIL,DIGEST,INDEX)
>PW=Removed

should be

// DISTRIBUTE MAIL-MERGE DBMS=LIST(testlist-l,MAIL,DIGEST,INDEX) ,
PW=Removed

('DBMS-LIST' has no meaning and is replaced by 'DBMS', and a space
followed by a comma should be at the end of the first line.)
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support, L-Soft international, Inc
   LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.

L-Soft offers a full range of Consulting services,
   delivered remotely or on-site.  See here for details:
     <http://www.lsoft.com/products/consulting.asp>