Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Jul 1993 09:06:29 CDT
On Wed, 28 Jul 1993 14:18:25 GMT you said:
>Would someone please send me the email address of a contack
>person about putting a list on usenet?  Please send responses to
>[log in to unmask] or rbanks@uwstout

That's exactly what I did with rec.hunting and a Listserv list I
created for the folks that prefer to read their stuff via email.
Contact Jim McIntosh ([log in to unmask]) and he will provide you with
what you have to do.  Basically just subscribing the address he gives
you to your listserv list and making sure that you have a
Newsgroups=your.newsgroup.name tag in the header of the Listserv list.
Then you don't have to worry about posting or messing with adding
headers (the gateway takes care of adding the Approved: tag for you).

Chris Barnes            |   President - Bryan/College Station
[log in to unmask] |         Retriever Club
(409) 846-3273 (home)   |   "Dedicated to the betterment of
(409) 845-8300 (work)   |               the retrieving breeds"