Debra Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:16:42 +10
Has anyone migrated their LISTSERV installation from one UNIX platform to
another? Was it fun? :-)

Our Digial UNIX system is due an OS upgrade, and in case of problems I'd
like to move our production LISTSERV to a Red Hat Linux box for a few days
(we should have a reasonably hefty PC available during that same period).
Anyone got any comments? One the software is installed, is it sufficient
to just tar, FTP and untar the relevant list files and archives?

[I'm just concerned about tech problems right now: we've discussed
licensing issues with LSoft.]

Dave,

found the best way to move between servers and O/S is to tar up all files
execpt the actual list files themselves (whatever-l.list).

use GET without the NOH option as you will want all of the subscribers names
as well....

setup your stuff on the linux including any softlinks you may
have... untar into where-ever and start listserv to test it is working.....
(use REVIEW or something like that so it comes back to you),  then PUT all the
lists back onto the new server or o/s.....

Debra