Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:47:23 -0600
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:47:00 -0500, Darren Evans-Young <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Yeah, I know about that, BUT we run Solaris, not Linux. :-(

This is exactly what LISTSERV AVS is intended for.

 http://www.lsoft.com/products/listserv_av.asp

 http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/LISTSERV-AVS-install.pdf

Since F-Secure is only available for Windows and Linux, you run a second
instance of LISTSERV (with a special AVS license) on either Windows
(preferably, because the updates are easier) or Linux.  With a few
configuration changes, your primary LISTSERV instance on Solaris sends
incoming messages to the AVS instance which performs a virus check and sends
the result back to your primary LISTSERV instance on Solaris.

>It is running McAfee and is capturing viruses out of LSMTP's spool directories.

This is a very inadvisable way to deal with viruses.  It is certain to cause
a lot of problems for LSMTP which normally expects to have complete and
exclusive access to any/all files in its spool folders.