Jose Maria Blasco <JMBLASCO@DEARN>
Fri, 17 Feb 89 17:36:36 MEZ
Maybe we could change plan # 2 as follows:

* The local EARN expert  has to live by himself, without  Eric's help. This is
  not worse than plan #1, and this way Eric has not to give any maintenance to
  EARN, not even indirectly.

* EARN still gets  updates from Eric, maybe  thru the EARN expert  or not, and
  *for these updates* Eric receives or not  some money. We could say "only for
  updates which add significant new function",  or something like that. I find
  it important that EARN  has to PAY something, even if  it's on a non-regular
  basis or  a simbolic  amount of  money, to  signify that  the fact  they are
  receiving  updates is  not  part of  Natural  Law and  can  cease some  day,
  depending of EARN's involution and/or other  causes. But Eric no longer gets
  paid regularly or for maintenance by EARN.

If this  was acceptable, we could  at least avoid the  backbone splitting; and
EARN would still get  CODE from Eric, if not support. If  the support would be
defficient,  the Postmaster  should  contact  his BoD member,  who could  take
appropriate action...

  Jose Maria