Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 15:06:14 -0400
At 09:47 AM 7/1/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Is it normal for error monitoring reports to continue after a problem
>address has been removed from the list?  Several of my users have complained
>that this is happening.

It happens here too, for at least the number of days mentioned in the
"monitoring will cease after x days" note and even longer if, as Pete
mentioned, the bounces continue.  The bounces may continue a few days,
especially if they are the type that say they have given up after trying
for five days to deliver the mail....

The list owners who are annoyed by this are generally the ones that have
hardly any bouncers so that they normally don't get a report at all.  If
such a list also has only one or two posts a day (or less) they may be
better off -not- using Auto-Delete!  We put Auto-Delete on our lists by
default, but I have taken it off several lists like that after thinking
it over and talking it over with the owners.

Margaret King ([log in to unmask])
Michigan State University